Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Access to Entire Organization

Ricardo.Gomes October 29, 2021

Hello Atlassian community!

In my organization, some users have active Jira licenses and some don't, but what I'm trying to accomplish is to add everyone with a customer role to be able to see and create requests through a portal we created for internal public only.

So I'm wondering what's the best way to allow everyone to have access as a customer (portal view only) without having to add them manually. 

For users with licenses, it's easier because I can simply add users from the "jira-servicedesk-users" and "jira-software-users" to Project Settings/People and give them the "Service Desk Customer" role.

Now, for people without Jira licenses, I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it... What I'm thinking is that an alternative would be to add Atlassian Access to our suite. That way, every new employee would automatically have site access and added to a default group, which I could also assign the Service Desk Customer role. This way, I would never have to worry about adding someone manually every time - or even removing them when they leave the company for that matter. But adding Atlassian Access would significantly increase the cost with Atlassian products so I'm not sure this is the best solution.

What I did for now to try and remediate this was to allow everyone from my domain to join by going into Site Settings/Site Access and marking the option to allow all users with approved email domains to join with or without an invitation. But I'm not sure exactly what happens if someone from my domain (the one I approved) that doesn't have access to my portal tries to access it. Would they automatically get access to my portal as a customer?

Sorry, too many questions :)

Any insight into this matter would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

1 answer

2 votes
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2021

@Ricardo_Gomes 

Do you use Gsuite or similar ?

If you use something like Gsuite, you can integrate with the Jira all your users. Then this will create a group in jira with ALL your user in domain of your gsuite

Then you just need this assign this group to "service desk customer" in the menu people of project admin.

After this, you can edit the "Customer Permission" to stay something like this screenshot

Then verified if this is was what do you needed.

Captura de tela 2021-10-29 221522.png

I hope I helped you.

If this post was helpful, mark it as Accepted Accepted, so you can help others who may have the same difficulties.

If your question has not been resolved, please post again with more details.

Ricardo.Gomes November 1, 2021

@Carlos Faddul , thanks for the suggestion!

By integrating Google Suite to Jira I'm assuming you're referring to using the Atlassian Access product., correct?

We actually use Microsoft 365 but Atlassian Access also integrates the same way with it. I thought about doing this, but paying for Atlassian Access would significantly increase our expenses, so I was just wondering if there would be some other way to do it without using that product, but it doesn't look like there is...

Cheers!

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

@Ricardo_Gomes  in this case you don't need the Atlassian Access to integrate with the Jira. This is a default option, however you will need to have the admin in gsuite to read users and groups to create this integration.

Using the Microsoft365, maybe you will need the Atlassian Access to do this integration =\

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events