Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom user picker on form has no users to select from when form is attached via automation

Nicole Bowman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2024

I have a request that is created via automation when an email request is received that matches certain conditions. Once the request is created, the automation attaches a form, fills in some of the fields based on information from the email and then sends an email to the responsible manager asking them to complete the form. The status of the form is Open for edits.

When I tested completing the form on the portal, I noticed that the custom user picker that is set to a specific group of users (group set up in user management), is empty and there are no users to select from even when typing in a name that I know is in the group. There is another custom user picker on the form that should display all users but only displays agents. The status of the form is Open for edits with the Submit and Cancel buttons available at the bottom of the form.

When an agent views the request, the status of the form is Open for edits but the form is not editable until the agent chooses Edit form. The user pickers then work as expected.

Please note that we have the request and form set up and working correctly when the request is created manually via the portal by a customer. The global and project permissions are set correctly and the user pickers work when the request is created via the portal.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Higgins
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2024

Hi Nicole,

I'm guessing here, as the only thing that appears between the two tickets, is that one os created by the Portal (and it works), and then one comes in from e-mail, and the automation then appends forms to the ticket.

Hence, is the request type of the automated ticket changed to be the same as if it came from the portal?

IT's like the form is attached empty?

On the automation rule can you re-fetchthe issue data, to see if that kicks it into gear?

Regards

Mark

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events