cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field checkbox + textbox

Arick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 10, 2022

Hi, I want to create a custom field where there is a list of checkboxes and a textbox next to each checkbox.  A little background, I want to create a service project that collects information for onboarding a new hire.  The new hire will have access to certain systems.  I wanted the systems to be listed as checkboxes, with the textbox as a place to tell what role in the system.  I can't seem to find a way to do this, or maybe I'm going about it wrong.  Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Rafal September 15, 2023

see "Custom Field Suite" - multi select picker with creation of new values might be the solution

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

@Arick 

Natively it is not possible to do this.

But if I understand correctly, the "Select list cascading" field will help you a lot with this scenario.

In it you can register a value in a column and point another value dependent on this initial.

See the example:

29.PNG30.PNG

I can define the initial value and which variables will appear that depend on it.

I hope this helps. If this is not what you want, please, tell us more details about you need.

Arick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 11, 2022

Hi Fernando!

Thanks for the quick reply!  Unfortunately this is not what I'm looking for.  I'll try to explain better.  Let's say there are 3 systems that a new user can have access to.  System A, B, C.  Now for each system, they may have a role in the system, or maybe copy someone else's role.  I want a way to quickly checkbox the system a new user needs access to and have a text box to write in what role for that system.  For example:

(check) System A - Role: copy manager

(uncheck) System B - Role: (blank)

(check) System C - Role: View only

I think a workaround is to create yes/no radio buttons per each system and a text box for each system which could be left blank.  Something like:

Do you need access to System A? yes/no

Role:

copy manager

Do you need access to System B? yes/no

Role:

(blank)

Do you need access to System C? yes/no

Role:

View only

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders