cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom entitlements scheme

Art Kedzierski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 4, 2024

We have a complicated entitlement system, and I'm not sure how or even if I can configure JSM to accommodate it. Our customers can have multiple Support Agreements that can apply to different products, entitlements, and locations. These SAs do not roll up and aggregate at the Customer level, they remain distinct; for example, if you have 24x7 phone support at Location A (say, SA-1), that does not extend to Location B (SA-2 without 24x7 phone entitlement).

How might this be configured in JSM?

1 answer

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2024

Hi @Art Kedzierski , welcome to the Atlassian Community and thanks for your question.

I assume whn you are talking about Support Agreements, you refer to something like a Service Level Agreement.

I don't see that the different customers having different SLA's for different types of work or tickets being a problem. You can just write some JQL to specify which SLA levels should be applied in certain cases.

So, for example here, you can specify in the conditions what the goals should be for each level of the support agreements, and then differentiate for the different levels within each rule. In this case, I am saying for Service Requests that are Critical and have a customer segment of A and B, that the goal time should be 2 hours. You can then have another level which is Highest / High priority and so on, which can have a goal time of 4 hours.

image.png

There are also apps that can help with this, like Time to SLA but I think you should still be able to handle a relatively complex situation in JSM.

Here is the documentation if you have other questions - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-service-level-agreements-slas/ 

Good luck and let us know if you have more questions.

Cheers

Art Kedzierski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 5, 2024

Thanks for your response, Valerie.

It's not SLA, however, those are standard for all support agreements; it relates to the set of entitlements (services) a customer has for a specific project/deployment. Each support agreement is unique to that deployment/project. 

Say for "Site A" a customer (Acme, Inc) purchases an agreement for the following entitlements:

• Business Hours phone support 
  • Advanced Replacement

For "Site B" Acme, Inc purchases a more robust set of entitlements:

• 24x7x365 Phone Support
  • Critical Case Support 24x7
  • Advanced Replacement
  • Hardware Repair

Basically, I need a selector between Organization and Entitlement, so the end user gets the appropriate set of entitlements when they submit requests.

Organization
  └─ Support Agreement
       └─ Entitlements

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2024

Hi @Art Kedzierski , thanks for the explanation and apologies for the confusion. Do you have Assets? 

I think you could have an Assets configuration to create the structure between the organisations, support agreements and entitlements.

Like Art Kedzierski likes this
Art Kedzierski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 5, 2024

We are still early in the evaluation phase of JSM, but likely moving forward with Premium. I will look into that.

Like Valerie Knapp likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events