Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom client URL to access only their portal

Kasper THEBULB_ September 20, 2022

Hi, 

I'm currently working on an environment for our company. So far things are great, however I'm stuck at making private portals for our clients. How can we make a portal client-dedicated?

Currently the client can go to our-company.atlassian.net to login and see the portal. 

But after they login, they can see all of our clients and also create tickets there. 

Is it possible to create a client-company.atlassian.net without creating new accounts and that still links to our company? (because otherwise we need to setup each account, for each client, which would be a bit stupid)

Or if possible; can the client login to our-company.atlassian.net and only see their own environment? 

1 answer

0 votes
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Note that JSM have a landing page called the help center (client-company.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals) on which a certain user should only see those portals they are invited to. No Invite = portal project is not visible. 

Do you foresee that you have 1) one portal for all clients or 2) a portal each per client?

If option 1 ===>  use organizations to group client user accounts belonging to each client. This should prevent them from seeing each other issues.  Please also check the Customer permission on your JSM project to control to whom an end user can share their requests with.

If option 2 ==>  on each JSM project choose cog wheel > Customer permissions > Service project access  > you choose "Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins".  Then control access through inviting correct customer accounts to the correct project via the customer list.

Hope it helps

/L

Kasper THEBULB_ September 20, 2022

Hi Lisa, this looks promising. I'm going to make sure I've set it up properly, like you are mentioning. 

Thank you! 

Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Glad to help! If you find that my response answered the question mark this as "answer accepted". This way all experts on the community can successfully filter on questions that has no answer. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events