Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom charts

Dana Weinbaum August 7, 2023

I can't see the Custom Chart option anywhere in the dashboard. Not as one of the gadgets nor anywhere else. 

I'm actually trying to create an open vs closed chart, but I have the issue of seeing a zero resolved items. I tried to make sense of the instructions of showing resolved issues and couldn't understand it. In the workflow there are a few statuses that are of type 'Done'. I would like to see those in the closed part of the chart. 

Any help on any of those subject is appreciated. The Jira documentation is too complex and difficult to follow. 

Thanks

4 answers

1 vote
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2023

Hi @Dana Weinbaum 

Unfortunately, the Custom Chart doesn't exist natively in Jira. Good news is that there are third-party apps that add this functionality to Jira! 🎉

If you're up for trying one of these apps, I'd greatly recommend Dashboard Hub for Jira - Custom Charts and Share Reports, which is developed by my team.

Dashboard Hub includes the JQL Custom Charts gadget, which lets you build the chart you need with predefined filters or JQL. Check this live dashboard! All gadgets here are JQL Custom Chart gadgets.

Why don't you try Dashboard Hub for 30 days for free and see if the JQL Custom Chart gadget is helpful? 😊 Let me know if I can help with something else.

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager at Appfire

JQL-custom-charts.png

1 vote
Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2023

For your statuses, If they are in "Done" status and are not showing up as resolved then your resolution is not being set when you close out a request. I would suggest checking the transition to Done and ensuring there is a post function that transitions it to a "Resolved" status i.e. Done, Won't Do, Duplicate, etc.Jira_SetResolution.png

Dana Weinbaum August 9, 2023

Thanks. How / where do I do that?

Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2023

The easiest way is to go in the project where you are having the issue, go to project settings > Workflows. You then need to select the workflow (If you have more than 1) and edit it by selecting the pencil icon to the right of your screen. Then you need to select the transition that points to your Done status. On the window that appears in the upper right of your screen, select "Post Functions". On the next screen select "Add Post Function". Then select "Update Issue Field", and then add. On the next screen select the "Issue Field:" Dropdown and select "Resolution". Then for your "Field Value:" select the resolution you would like to set. Add that and you're done!Select_PostFunction_Example.pngAddPostFunction_Example.pngUpdateIssueField_Example.pngpostFunction_FieldValue_Example.png

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have that in Jira Product Discovery workflow. I can see this flow in other projects we have, but not in JPD. 

0 votes
Dana Weinbaum December 10, 2023

The only solution I found is to create an automation that when an issue is transitioned to a Done status -> update the resolution to Done as well. 

0 votes
Esteban Diaz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2023

Hi @Dana Weinbaum , 

Are you trying to use the Created vs. Resolved Chart gadget?? 

createdvsresolved1.PNG

Cheers, 

Esteban Diaz
https://www.linkedin.com/in/estebandiaz/

Yes. And I understand there must be an issue with my Done statuses, they probably aren't really regarded as done (resolved) by Jira, but I just can't find where or how to move an Idea in product discovery to resolved or what the resolution field even is. 

Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2023

Interesting, I thought you were in JSM. Not super familiar with the differences in JPD. 

Like Dana Weinbaum likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events