Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Issue key depending on request type

Victor Sandberg August 23, 2022

Hi!
I wonder if its possible to generate different issue keys depending on the type of the ticket. For example a change request should have a different key than an incident. Is this possible? 

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

Today I'm using the trail version but will be using the standard plan later when in production.

Br,
Victor

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Victor Sandberg and welcome!

No this is not possible, since the request types create issues within a specific project.

Thank you!

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Hello @Victor Sandberg - welcome to the Community!

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question, each issue has its own issue key as illustrated in your screenshot (EWS-2 v. EWS-4).

If you are talking about having a different prefix so it's not 'EWS' for both, then that isn't possible as long as you have different types in one project. The 'EWS' identifier is the project key, so any issue within that project will have that prefix.

If you want to have completely different prefixes for incidents v. change requests, then you would need to create them in separate projects.

Hope this helps

Thank you! It helped :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders