Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Field Smart Value not auto-populating for email notifications

John Bamber March 8, 2021

Hello everyone.  

My ultimate goal is to have an automation trigger when a new issue is created with certain criteria matching a filter, and email values from the issue to a specific address (not add watcher).

I've got the emails being created and auto-populating some of the fields, but not all of them actually auto-populate. It seems anything other than a text box doesn't always populate. Namely, the calendar date picker isn't populating. Not sure if I'm missing something. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

@John Bamber I would double check the format of the smart values. It should either be {{issue.field name}} (e.g. {{issue.duedate}}) or {{issue.customfield_id}} (e.g. {{issue.customfield_10082}}) - I would recommend using the ID version, so that if the field is renamed, the smart value won't need updating.

There's some more info on date-related smart values here which might be of some help, so you can use things like {{issue.customfield_id.shortDate}} or {{issue.customfield_id.mediumDate}} to change what format the date is displayed as

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events