Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Field - Double Cascade mandatory List on Portal

Sergio Beretta December 10, 2020

Good morning gentlemens,

i created a custom field based on double cascade list and maked it mandatory and putted it on the standard Ticket page. When i try to use it o the Portal, the double cascade list is not mandatory at all even if the orange star appears on the Portal. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Sergio.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Sergio Beretta,

Welcome to the Community, also on behalf of the many women's here ;-)

Are you sure you marked the fields as required on the request type form? When you are configuring your project, in Project Settings > Request types > click through on a request type > Request form:

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 13.15.11.png

If you mark a field as required there, your customers should not be able to file a ticket without filling out the data first.

If you did that and still experience the issue, could you share a couple of screenshots of what you are trying to do and where the problem occurs?

kr,

Walter 

Sergio Beretta December 10, 2020

Hi Walter,

thank you so much for your fast response and my apologize for all the communities ladies.

I did exactly what you are suggesting me, here below some screen shot, first one the field (Moduli e Funzioni) propertis where mandatory is enabled, second one about the same Field into the Portal, as you can see I can send the ticket without fill anything in the mandatory Field (Moduli e Funzioni) the third one the same field into the Service Management Console that almost works well.

Almost works well in the sense that even if the field is a mandatory two level cascade list, only the first level it's really mandatory the second one not at all, I have already found in the community some one who is facing the same issue with a mandatory two level cascade list.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-set-custom-field-mandatory-based-on-cascading-custom/qaq-p/95681

Is it possible the problem i am facing with on the portal is related to the two level issue previously described?Field Settings.PNGPortal.PNGService Management Console.PNG

Thank you for your support.

Regards.

Sergio.

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Sergio Beretta,

Thanks for your reply and the additional information provided. You are right that there is an issue with validating both fields of a cascading select.

There used to be a feature request for fixing this: JRACLOUD-10302.  Atlassian has acknowledged this being an issue, but also indicated that it has no plans on fixing this.

Do have a look in the comments on that ticket if any of the suggestions or workarounds mentioned there might be worth a try in your specific case.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events