Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Email Handler for Jira Cloud to find issues by non-Jira ID in email body

Janosh December 12, 2022

Hi

I have a client using Zen Desk without the ability to introduce any changes on their side. 

I need to integrate both systems through emails so client can escalate issues from Zen Desk to our JSM (Cloud version)

Zen Desk ticket ID can be used to identify the conversation on both sides as we update Jira issue description with Zen Desk ID, extracted from the email.

Challenge I face now - how to extend Jira email handling logic to look for issues if there is no Jira Ticket number in Subject as I'd like to find the required issue by Zen Desk ticket ID in it's description so it will be updated. Without this all the time new issue is created and we keep them connected manually which is not good at all.

Does anyone solved this or something similar before?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

You may want to look at Jira Enterprise Email Handler Cloud (JEMH Cloud)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4832/enterprise-mail-handler-for-jira-jemh?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

In particular look at Foreign Key Association

Understand how Issue association works - JEMH Cloud - Enterprise Mail Handler for Jira Cloud - The Plugin People Confluence (atlassian.net)

The developers of this app are pretty good about responding to questions and help setting up configurations. 

(caveat, I use the server version of this, so I cant directly speak to the cloud version)

Janosh December 14, 2022

Thanks a lot Andrew!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events