Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Custom Email Handler for Jira Cloud to find issues by non-Jira ID in email body

Edited
Janosh I'm New Here Dec 12, 2022

Hi

I have a client using Zen Desk without the ability to introduce any changes on their side. 

I need to integrate both systems through emails so client can escalate issues from Zen Desk to our JSM (Cloud version)

Zen Desk ticket ID can be used to identify the conversation on both sides as we update Jira issue description with Zen Desk ID, extracted from the email.

Challenge I face now - how to extend Jira email handling logic to look for issues if there is no Jira Ticket number in Subject as I'd like to find the required issue by Zen Desk ticket ID in it's description so it will be updated. Without this all the time new issue is created and we keep them connected manually which is not good at all.

Does anyone solved this or something similar before?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

You may want to look at Jira Enterprise Email Handler Cloud (JEMH Cloud)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4832/enterprise-mail-handler-for-jira-jemh?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

In particular look at Foreign Key Association

Understand how Issue association works - JEMH Cloud - Enterprise Mail Handler for Jira Cloud - The Plugin People Confluence (atlassian.net)

The developers of this app are pretty good about responding to questions and help setting up configurations. 

(caveat, I use the server version of this, so I cant directly speak to the cloud version)

Janosh I'm New Here Dec 14, 2022

Thanks a lot Andrew!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events