Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Asset Field to display all records found.

Crystal Rouse May 3, 2024

We have a custom asset field that is working as it should.  What we need to be able to do is display all of the records - based on an AQL filter used on the custom field.  The way it works now is even if 4 records would be returned from the filter, only one record displays on the issue.  Is there a way to display all of the records found on the issue?

Thank You!

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

Hi, @Crystal Rouse  👋

First, I moved your question to ‘Jira Service Management questions’ because as far as I can tell, you are using out-of-the-box functionality — not an Atlassian Marketplace app.

Second, I am no AQL expert but did find a relevant reference to this topic in the Data Center documentation for AQL.

Look for ‘Using the objectTypeAndChildren() function’ on this page:

Advanced searching: AQL - Assets Query Language

Be sure to set the Data Center version to the one you are using (I used the doc for latest version).

That said, I am going to assume AQL works like JQL and CQL and that you can only find the linked issues of a parent issue one issue at a time. This is because the syntax requires you to use the ‘ID’ of the parent issue. 

I hope this helps,

-dave

Crystal Rouse May 10, 2024

We figured out how to do what we needed by using An Asset Read Only Custom Field an an AQL filter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events