Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating notifications

Chris Johnson June 9, 2022

Hey everyone. Jira is a new product for me. I have only been using for a couple of months and, have recently been tasked with creating a number of notifications for 60,  90 day and yearly project intervals (document review, maintenance....etc). 

I see that there is an option to create alerts, so checked, but doesn't appear that I have the option to generate a 60, 90 or yearly alert interval.

I imagine that it's simple, and I've researched with no luck so far. 

Can anyone provide the info necessary for me to create the alerts? 

I truly appreciate it. 

.......Chris

2 answers

1 vote
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 10, 2022

Hi, @Chris Johnson !

Another solution you can try out is the Recurring Checklists and Report app.

My team has developed it for managers to always know what needs to be done. So, you can convert your task into checklists. The system will automatically create an issue with a checklist.

Here is an example of how a checklist looks in the task created by the system:

image.png

What about 60, 90 or yearly alert, use Recurring.

image.png

Let me know, if any questions

Best wishes

Chris.Johnson June 13, 2022

Hey Karyna. Thank you very much for this resolution. I am going to create a couple of test alerts. 

Will follow-up with you asap. 

Truly appreciate it.

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Chris Johnson,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The Alerts that you see in the menu on the left-hand side in a JSM project is coming from Opsgenie, and are generated by services you defined in there and what you are monitoring. Based on what you are describing you are for something different. You should look at Automation which can be used to create notifications after a specific time period among other things. Another option would be use SLAs, for example I have a project that is using SLAs to automatically expire an approval after a year, and then uses automation to inform the reporter 60 days before the SLA is about to breach that they need to take action.

Hey Mikael. Thank you very much for your feedback!

I don't see the option for automation in my profile, so I believe that I may have to ask our Admin for access, or maybe I am not checking the correct location. 

Where will I find the automation option? 

Thanks again. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

You need to have project admin permissions in order to configure automations, and once you have that permission you will find automation under Project settings.

Awesome! Thanks again Mikael.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

I now have access to the automation feature and started setting-up the rules. 

Thanks again Mikael.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events