Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating automation: Using Field Value Changed to set the value of another field

Phil September 27, 2022

We have an Insight Object field that we need to export for email.  However, we know that the following suggestion has been filed: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10851

The Insight Object field that we are working with is called "Account"

We created a new custom field called "PT-Account"  The type of this new custom field is "Text field (single line)"  We are using this because we can export /email the text field.

We are using the trigger "When: Value Changes"

2022-09-27 09_25_07-Window.png

We then have a "Then:Edit issue fields" component

2022-09-27 09_25_56-Window.png

When selecting the Copy Summary from Current issue dropdown, we do not see the "Account" field as a selectable option in the Field to copy value from dropdown.

2022-09-27 09_26_50-Window.png

Are we looking in the wrong spot?

Any suggestions on creating an automation that looks at "field A" and copies it into "field B"?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi,

Let the option on set value instead of Compy summary and in the first dropdown look PT-Account field then use the smart value to copy the value into it.

Phil September 27, 2022

I am not sure I understand.  If I set both fields to "PT-Account" wouldn't the search just loop and look at itself?

2022-09-27 13_48_29-Automation - JIRA.png

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

In the action section choose your field which you edit

2022-09-28 10_21_31-Automation - The Jira of Champions.png

Then get the smart value for the insight field (here i copy the summary to the description)

2022-09-28 10_21_45-Automation - The Jira of Champions.png

Phil September 28, 2022

This worked great.  Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events