Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an email rule

Linus Johansson April 17, 2023

Hi,

Im new to everything Jira and I have tried to figure this out.

I have been trying to create an email rule that is suppose to run when an issue is created. The rule only contains one thing which tells the assignee which priority the ticket has (since the standard "a ticket has been assigned to you" cant be edited).

So the rule looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 10.58.02.png

And I get an error saying "The To field is empty". No matter what Conditions I pick, I get the same error message. The "priority?" is our own field we created for this specific project.

We have other rules in this project that auto assigns a ticket depending on X factors.

What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

1 vote
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Linus Johansson 

this sounds like a timing problem. I guess the assign Ticket rules get triggered after this one.
You might want to check your rule details for the checkbox "Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule."

Linus Johansson April 17, 2023

Thanks!

I tried it now but got the same error. When you activate the rule, does it take some time before it activates? 

0 votes
Linus Johansson April 24, 2023

No one knows?

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Sorry, but it is somehow hard to debug with no deeper knowledge of the configuration.

My best bet would still be to add the email logic to the other rules, that listen on issue create, if this is possible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events