Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an automation rule to Transition a cloned Service Desk Ticket into a Blank Project

Anthony Scott Asbury March 29, 2023

Hello Jira Community,

I am hoping someone can assist me with transitioning a cloned ticket from one project to another. I have read many other resolutions from similar issues, however I have not had any success. My overall goal is to have a cloned ticket reflect the original ticket and any updates made to it. Specifically, when a field gets updated or the status is transitioned from a Service Desk Project, the cloned ticket in the Blank Project type will look to the original ticket and automatically update those fields associated with the changes.

Our clients are internal, so we need to use the Service Desk Project type for email request capabilities. As a department though, we would like to have the capability to have the Board view in order to easily filter and move tickets around by agent.   

I’ve created and renamed the workflow statuses to match our Service Desk project. They both also have the ability to move in and out of any status. I have been able to successfully create an automation rule that when a ticket is created in the Service Desk, it will clone and link a ticket in the Blank Project.  However, I get a Transition Issue error when I change the ticket status in our Service Desk. “Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status): “

Thank you in advance for help on this!

Transition Clone.jpgTransition Error Message.jpgService Desk Workflow.jpgBlank Project Workflow.jpg

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events