Creating an FAQ page on the portal login page

Steve Behm May 11, 2023

Our company has a Jira Service Management project that requires a user to login/create an account before they are able to make a request/contact us.

I would like to have an FAQ page available to users that visit the portal BEFORE having to login. This would allow users that don't want to create an account or login to view the FAQ at least.

Is this possible to do?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Judd Garratt - Path of Trees
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2023

Hi Steve,

If you have Confluence, one way to do this is to create a FAQ page with anonymous access turned on and then link to it from the portal login message:

If you don't have Confluence, or have sensitive info in Confluence that precludes turning on anonymous access, you could use any public-facing FAQ page (e.g. on a website) or spin up a new Confluence site expressly for the purpose of holding public-facing FAQs.

This is a great use case I reckon the product should consider!

Steve Behm May 12, 2023

Judd,

Really appreciate your reply. I appreciate you helping me with the workaround!

I agree this could be a great addition to the Jira product.

Thank you!

Judd Garratt - Path of Trees
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 14, 2023

My pleasure, glad to help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events