Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a ticket via Scheduled Automation

Tamsyn O_Leary June 8, 2021

Hi. I'm trying to create a new request via scheduled automation but I'm hitting an error when I want to add a component to transition the issue to the next status within the workflow. I don't know what the below error means and how to fix it.

Error: The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. You need to use the option to run JQL to provide issues. The following components require issues: Transition issue

SD error.JPG

I don't want to run a JQL search on all my issues I want to be able to trigger this action on the current issue, is this not possible?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021

I am not 100% sure but believe what you need to do here is to use the branch component and then for the issue created execute the transition. I think the problem is with your last component and it doesn’t know what issue to transition so you have to indicate for the issue just created. I’m not where I can test that out at the moment so give it a try and see where you get to. 

Tamsyn O_Leary June 8, 2021

Thanks Jack I finally got it to work. I used the Branch rule/related issues and after some additional trial and error worked out that I needed to select 'For Most recently created issue'. Thanks for the assistance :)

0 votes
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

Hello,

The problem with this rule is that the action "Transition the issue" works only in the context of the rule in which an issue invokes it or a set of issues are the result of a JQL.

The easiest way to make the ticket create and transition is to create a rule that creates the ticket and another second rule with the trigger issue created that transitions the Service Desk project tickets of the Service Request with approval type when they are created and complies. the criteria.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events