Creating a ticket from Slack group channel

Efrat Barak Zadok April 16, 2023

When creating a ticket from a Slack channel - is it possible the notification of the newly created Jira ticket will only show to me and would not be public?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2023

@Efrat Barak Zadok -

Are you asking for the notification on the Slack channel side?  If so, is your Slack channel private or public?  because this also affects on who can see the message in your Slack channel.

Please advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Efrat Barak Zadok April 16, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin 
Yes, I am asking for the notification on the Slack channel side. The channel is public.

I would like the notification not to be public - can it be done?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

@Efrat Barak Zadok -

Unfortunately, the notification is control on the Slack side.  Thus, you will need to reach out to Slack vendor for technical support on your ask.  This is not controlled within the Atlassian products.

By default in Slack, if the channel is public, then all the notifications are public to all channel members.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events