Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a PDF from a JIRA Service Desk ticket

Rob Rehkemper
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 17, 2022

We have a requirement to Create a signable PDF based on a Service Request submission.  The pdf needs to be signed by three different entities (manager, submitter, personnel security).  the document needs to be kept for reference.  Is this possible in JIRA?  We also have confluence so if the two have to work together that is a possibility also.  

Is anyone using just a JIRA automation to handle this type of documentation.  Any examples.  Is this something that Better PDF Exporter for JIRA could handle.  We previously were using Cherwell and had a one step built that would place the values on a template that was saved to the agents Fileshare and they would then forward to the necessary parties.

1 answer

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2022

@Rob Rehkemper 

Hi Rob,

At a first glance, yes, Better PDF Exporter is able to produce a PDF document from a Jira Service Management ticket. You would probably need to customize the layout, so you can create a document with placeholders for signature, etc.

I encourage you to reach out to our support so we can help you understand how you can achieve what you need.

This is a fairly common use case and we have multiple customers who are using Better PDF Exporter to create documents that need to be signed. A lot depends on how much you would like to change the default PDF templates.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events