Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Epic in Jira Service Management

Jason Pengel July 26, 2021

Hi all,

Is it possible to create an Epic in a Jira Service Desk just like in Software projects? We have a Service management project and we are wondering if a Agent could create and work on Epics within the service desk.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Jason

2 answers

1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Hi @Jason Pengel ,

sure, in general you can work with any issue type in JSM projects.

Would you please share us, why do you want to work with Epics in JSM projects?

Sebrina Ward October 6, 2021

Hi Hana, I have the same question as Jason.  The reason we need EPICs/Stories in Jira service management is to support request which turn out to be projects.    Do you know if a best practice for this scenario?  Thanks

Like Heba Rezk likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2021

Hi @Sebrina Ward ,

the problem is the customer view is very simple and the customer is not able to see the relation between Epic and Story.

If it is separate project - is it possible for you to create separate Service Management project?

Heba Rezk June 21, 2023

@Hana Kučerová Can i link an epic in service management project to jira software projects' tickets?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2023

@Heba Rezk Yes, this is possible.

0 votes
Dharmesh Barot May 26, 2022

Hi,

I've a similar question. We use SM for UAT. Our clients can submit bugs found in UAT as SM tickets. We then create related issues in Jira where our development board is.

So, when a client submits a ticket, it would be helpful for them to also pick the Epic they found the bug in.

Hope this helps.

Please advise.

Best,

Dharmesh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS