Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Dynamic Service Desk

Yair March 19, 2024

Hi All,

We have in our company 4 different internal service desks for Security, IT, Support and Devops. Each service desk currently has their own request portal.

This causes confusion within the company as employees dont know where /with which service desk to direct the different requests / questions.

My goal is to create one central service desk which these different teams can use in parallel with their current service desks. Their current service desks will still be used for the not-so-day-to-day tasks eg change orders, employee offboarding etc. The central service desk will service all the everyday internal requests eg computer hardware, system access, locked accounts etc.

We have also integrate Jira with Slack as all our employees use Slack much more than Jira. We utilize the Jira "/assist" to open new tickets within Slack.

My challenge is as follows:

I would like to create 1 single dynamic request portal. This request will have 3 options: Issue, Request, Question. Depending on each selection, this will subsequently open further options eg Issue-> Computer / monitor / keyboard / MFA issue / production block etc.

This will help filter the request down to the relevant team within the company. Once submitted, the request would be assigned a pre defined workflow and it would tag (or something similar) the relevant team.

Each team would have their own dashboards for their specific tickets.

How would I go about building this kind of project?

With the Jira/Slack integration, if the service request uses Jira Forms, these forms are not visible. How can I make a dynamic request form available in Slack?

I see Jiras new feature Assets. I wonder if anyone has any experience with it and if that could be helpful for me to pre define the different services we have internally and how they affect our employees.

Thanks so much for the help.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events