Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Automation from Security Hub Finding Details

Graham Brooks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2024

I have implemented the AWS Service Management App within my Jira Service Management project. It is working extremely well and is generating lots of issues for me to address! Well, I want to automate the process of resolving some of these issues. To that end, I want to create a Jira Automation that parses the issue and sends an API call out to AWS Lambda to resolve the issue, and then close the issue. 

In order to do this, I need to be able to create an if statement within my Jira Automation workflow that checks if the issue contains specific values, and then pass those values as variables (like the instance id of an EC2 instance, or the type of issue described by AWS Security Hub). The problem is that the values I want to collect seem to be imbedded in a way that I cant access. Attached is an example of one of the imbedded documents I need to collect variables from. 

How do I go about referencing the attached AWS Resources / Findings JSON within my Jira Automation?

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 9.12.02 AM.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events