Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created vs Resolved Issue Report

Riki YAMASHITA June 14, 2021

I'm looking for a report that is "Created vs Resolved Issue Report" which can be seen on Jira Software. It looks something like I've attached in this comment.
Jira.PNG

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

Hi @Riki YAMASHITA , 

this is not a report, it's a gadget you can add to a dashboard. You can have a look at the documentation here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/adding-the-created-vs-resolved-gadget-720416880.html

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Cool, thanks Alexis.
Let me check right a way and get back to you!

Just to be sure my request is clear: I want to have "Created vs Resolved Issue Report", which you can see in Jira Software, on Jira Software Management. Are you sure your doc is correctly guiding me to my request?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

The image you provided certainly appears to be the gadget that Alexis is referring to. Note you can create a created versus resolved report in your project as well you desire. However it will appear a little bit different in that it doesn’t do shading between the two lines.

Hi @Alexis Robert ,

This worked perfectly, thanks!!

Andreas Johann Kutta September 8, 2023

HI @Alexis Robert

I use this chart too,

But i have a question to the graph.

Normaly there should never be more resolved ticket than created ticket right?

But in my chart it do not fit. I have more resolved tickets than created tickets.

Where is the issue?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

Hi @Andreas Johann Kutta , your resolved line can go above the created line for sure. That is a very good thing as you want to stay ahead of the curve. What you should see if your team is doing well is a green shaded area indicating that the team is resolving more issues than what has been recently created. Remember that this is a timeline view so there could have been an time where a lot of issues were created, indicated by a red shaded area, but then your team begins to catch up indicated by a green shaded area. Feel free to share your screenshot if you have further questions.

Andreas Johann Kutta September 14, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey , thanks a lot for the information. Is it possible to show all tickets in the chart from beginning? and not only the maximum of ticket from 1750 days.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2023

hi @Andreas Johann Kutta , so if you choose "daily" as the chart period then the max is 300d previous. You can change the period to "monthly" or "quarterly" or "yearly" to go back farther.

0 votes
Anndy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2023

Hi,

I have a question about the criteria of resolved ticket. I would like to know what status of ticket will be recognized as resolved?

Here is my chart there is no tickets have been determined to be resolved.

CR chart.jpg

However, there should be 82 tickets have been completed.

Ticket status.jpg

Thanks, and regards,

Anndy

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2023

Hi @Anndy , are you setting the Resolution field when moving an issue to the Done statuscategory? That needs to be done.

Anndy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 17, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey , thank you for the answer, I got the point now. The workflow of this project set to end by 'Completed' statuscategory, it looks like we have to change it.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2023

Hi @Anndy , to be clear there are only three status categories: To Do, In Progress, Done. Each status that you create will be assigned to one of the three categories. I assume your "Completed" status is assigned to the Done category? My earlier response conveyed that you need to ensure you set the Resolution when you transition to Completed.

0 votes
Laura Niedermayer June 22, 2021

Hi @Riki YAMASHITA

we have an App called Report Builder, that offers a variety of different reports for Jira. 

The 'Created vs Resolved' report is a difference chart showing the number of issues created vs number of issues resolved over a given period of time. The report is based on your choice of issue filter, and selected period of dates.

It might be what you are looking for. 
In case you need more information, we have written an article regarding this report: Custom Jira Scripts with Report Builder: Part 3 | Actonic – Unfolding your potential

I hope I could help you. 

Best regards, 
Laura Niedermayer
Actonic 

Riki YAMASHITA June 23, 2021

HI @Laura Niedermayer ,

Thank you so much for your help. In fact I was able to create exact report that I need in "Dashboard". This is OK for us at the moment.
I will take a look at your solution and see if there are any interesting feature which might interest me.

Best regards,
Riki

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2021

Hello @Riki YAMASHITA 

I see you are using JSM

Go to your JSM project choose reports on the left side menu, Created vs Resolved is already there.

Reports.PNG

BR, Olga

Yes but it is only showing the number per day. I want to see accumulated number of the tickets. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events