Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create ticket via email for my company. Issue reply from reporter

Dominik Grzeskowiak July 2, 2020

I have configured to create an e-mail ticket. A report is created where the reporter is the user's email. I can respond to this notification and the user receives an email. When the user replies to me of course by typing the content above "reply above this line" the message does not appear in the ticket. Another ticket is created, where the reporter is Jira Outlook. Although the gmail user did not create a new ticket via email. Notifications are all enabled.

------------------------

The second problem is deleting email from the mailbox after downloading the message to Jira Service Desk. I have the IMAP option not POP3. Why?2020-07-02 20_45_41-Update POP _ IMAP Mail Server - Jira Service Desk.png

-------------------------

2020-07-02 20_16_13-Allegro Service Desk - Queues - Service desk - Jira Service Desk.png2020-07-02 20_18_07-[ASD-12] Aaa - Jira Service Desk2.png2020-07-02 20_22_40-Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue - Jira Service Desk3.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2020

Hi Dominik,

I see that you're using Jira Cloud and trying to connect it to an email inbox in order to create issues in Jira from those inbound messages.  However Jira Service Desk is going to do this differently than Jira Core or Jira Software projects will.  The reason for this is because Jira Service Desk is designed to work a bit differently.

With Jira Core/Jira Software, all the users that create issues are expected to be licensed Jira users.  This extends itself into issues create by the native email handler which is used for Jira Core.   Jira Service Desk is designed to let your customers create requests. You can have an unlimited number of customers, but all of these accounts are unlicensed Jira users.

But in order to setup a Service Desk project to use an inbox to create/update requests, you have to go into the project settings -> Email requests and setup the mailbox there.  Steps to do this setup are also in Receive requests from an email address.  You will want to undo the System -> Incoming mail settings you might have previously setup here first, as we don't want these two different mail handlers in Jira trying to access the same inbox at the same time.

From your first screenshot, I can see that you are trying to use the Core mail handler in a Service Desk project.  This is something that many users have attempted to do, but it usually doesn't work as they expect.  You noted that the customer does not get your reply until they are made the reporter.  Again that is part of how Jira Service Desk is designed to work in order to interact with customers.  The customers don't have complete access to the Jira site.  They can only login to the customer portal in order to see their requests. There is a broader overview of the different expected user roles for Jira Service Desk in Jira Service Desk: Agents, Customers, and Roles that I think is helpful in setting expectations here.

Try this. And then let me know if you run into any problems, questions, or concerns about this approach instead.

Cheers,

Andy

Dominik Grzeskowiak July 27, 2020

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your answer. In my issue solution was classic service desk project. I configured in project settings -> email requests -> connect company email account.

Regards,

Dominik

0 votes

Update 2: When the same email create new ticket reporter on JSD is not xxx@gmail.com but Jira Outlook. I must switch to correct email xxx@gmail.com on reporter area and then my answer is delivered.

2020-07-02 21_24_32-[ASD-14] Nowy ticket - Jira Service Desk.png

0 votes

Update: one information from customer is visible on dashboard. I answer via email few times for this ticket. Why only one answer is visible? 

2020-07-02 21_14_57-[ASD-12] Aaa - Jira Service Desk.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events