Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create roles in jira service management

aya el youssoufi November 21, 2023

Hey Atlassian Community!

How can I create roles in Jira? I also want to know how I can modify user access rights: the search, ticket display, the columns that should be displayed, and modification.

Thank you

2 answers

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2023

@aya el youssoufi -

To supplement what @David Friedrich mentioned - For JSM project, essentially you are focusing on three roles by default -

• Administrators (project admins - Note this is not the same as Jira system admin/site admin)
  • Service Desk Team
  • Service Desk Customers

Each project also uses project permissions configuration scheme to control (mainly for project UI and not Portal UI) what one can perform against issues/projects (i.e. Browse project)

Here is another link on JSM permissions - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/overview-of-jira-cloud-permissions/

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

2 votes
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2023

Project roles are managed by Jira-administrators. You might want to consult the official documentation:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-roles/

As for your other questions: There are two sets of permissions. Global permissions and project permissions. You may want to read about this concept in the documentation first 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events