Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create request in another jira portal automatically

Guilherme de Oliveira Viol December 12, 2022

i would like to know if its possible to create a request in another jira portal automatically when i change the status of an issue. For an example, i have an outside developer who's also have a jira portal, so when i change the issue for specific status i would like to create a request in developer's portal using automation for this. It's possible?

4 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Guilherme de Oliveira Viol , welcome to the community.

I assume by portals you mean projects? Are these projects in the same instance? If so, then, you could use automation easily enough to create another issue based on the status changing. If they are separate instances, then you would need an add-on.

Guilherme de Oliveira Viol December 12, 2022

they are separate, what add on do you suggest?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

You might have a look at Backbone. I don't have personal experience with it though.

Like Umer Sohail _K15t_ likes this
0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2022

@Guilherme de Oliveira Viol hi! I want to add another possible solution to the line of suggestions. If you're open to using a 3rd party tool, take a look at ZigiOps. It's a no-code solution, that can connect your instances and sync their data. It can be customized to fit various use cases. It will help you sync the projects/issues/status in real-time, and any changes will automatically appear in both of the connected systems. Check it out and if you'd like to explore ZigiOps capabilities, feel free to book a demo to see how it works. 

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

0 votes
Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

Hello @Guilherme de Oliveira Viol ,

I am Dhiren, one of the Pre-Sales Engineers working with Exalate.

Are you by any chance willing to explore 3rd Party Solutions for this purpose?

If Yes, Exalate, provides a fully bi-directional synchronization between Jira (Cloud/Server/DC) and Jira (among other ITSM systems) that is fully customizable.

You can synchronize statuses between these 2 Jira instances and also start the sync based on some status change(Trigger in Exalate). 

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product in action, feel free to book a slot with us. 

Thanks, Dhiren

0 votes
Umer Sohail _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Guilherme de Oliveira Viol , thanks for the question. This is Umer from K15t, PMM for the Backbone Issue Sync for Jira app.

Thanks @Jack Brickey for mentioning Backbone. As far as I understood your question, you want to sync issue status across Jira instances/projects in real-time. With Backbone you can definitely achieve that. 

Once you have installed Backbone on both your and your partner/client's Jira instance, you can sync all kinds of Jira issues and their associated Jira data in real-time, which of course also includes Jira issue statuses. Check out our landing page for more info on the capabilities of Backbone, or simply schedule a free demo with us so we can show you around the app and answer your questions. 

Regards, 

Umer Sohail

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events