Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new ticket from closed ticket comment

Josh Olds April 18, 2022

Hi all,

Looking at creating a new ticket from a closed ticket comment added.

When the new ticket is created, a comment is added to the trigger (or closed ticket) with the new ticket number.

What would you suggest?

2 answers

1 vote
Sussi Åström April 25, 2022

I got it to work. Now I need to find a way to get a email notification of  the new ticket creation, like when a new request is created by a user. Any ideas? All suggestions are welcomed. 

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2022

The ticket creation has an event which should send a notification if configured. Otherwise you can add the send email option from the automation you created

Sussi Åström April 26, 2022

Thanks @Sam Bartolome 

I've also noted that the newly created ticket is not visible in the clients portal. I would expect it to be, but is this not the case. Would you know?

I am a newbie to the world of Jira & Jira Service Mgmt. 

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2022

Is the reporter the same in the original issue than the newly created?

Is there any security level associated to?

Are both issues in the same project? Same issue types or different? If different, are both issue types available in the portal?

Please note the url between customer and agent view changes:

Agent - https://YOUR_INSTANCE/browse/ITS-1

Customer - https://YOUR_INSTANCE/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/ITS-1

0 votes
Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2022

Hi @Josh Olds ,

You can use Automation to achieve that easily. Something like the screenshot:

Create new ticket from closed ticket comment.PNG

Josh Olds April 19, 2022

Amazing thank you!

I'm a little stumped on the comment part. What do you think?

Sussi Åström April 20, 2022

This is brilliant - thanks for this! 

Is there a way to add the closed ticket id to the new - for reference purposes`?

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2022

You can add the below which should bring the ticket as hyperlink

<a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.summary}}</a>

Check on https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/ for further documentation

Sussi Åström May 2, 2022

Thank you @Sam Bartolome !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events