cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new issue from another

Emma Kindemo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 26, 2022

Hello, 

I have a question that my colleuges couldn´t help with, and I´m new to Jira so i thought i could turn to this community!

I´m working with Coustomer Service, and I management the issues that are coming in to our 1st and 2nd line, in 1 project. 

However, sometimes these issues, our question, need to be moved to our productmanager, and they work in another project. Right now I make a new Issue/Task in their project, and link the issue from my project. I have to keep this two seperate, I can´t just move from project to project. I need the issues in both projects. 

However, can i make a trigger that when i put an issue in a specific status, or issue type, this generate a copy in my productmanagers project? So they get linked.. 

Kind regards

Emma

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Emma Kindemo ,

Welcome to the community !!

You can make use of Automation rule "Issue Transitioned" OR "Issue Created" as per the requirement.  

i.e. Go to project settings --> automation --> Create Rule
New trigger == "Issue Transitioned" OR  "Issue Created", Click Save
New condition  == JQL condition, (example: Issue Type = Service Request ), Click Save
New Action == Create new Issue
Select the required project , Issue type in the destination project from the list 
click on  ... near Summary field and select "Copy from". This will copy same summary from source project. 
You can also select the Reporter field from the "Choose custom field" section and  copy value from source ticket. 
Click Save and Then Turn it on

image.png

In my screenshot shared,  a ticket will be created in "BUG" project when a new ticket of type service request is created in "IT" project

Emma Kindemo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 27, 2022

Thank you, this works! 

I´ve set it up so the new issue will be created when i change status instead. 

However I now have another question that I didn´t know i hade before. Sometimes a few of our issues that only requires 1 issue in my productmanagement team. Is it possible to make a rule that still only makes 1 issue in my Productmanagement group, but for example there is 3 issues from my project linked in that Issue?

Maybe if I link a Productmanagement issue issue in to our issue, and then change status to the same as above , but becouse there is a link to an existing issue this will not create a new one in products project?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Emma Kindemo 

There is an option on the issue actions menu to 'clone' an issue but that will create a ticket in the same project. The cloned ticket can be moved to another project and maintain it's link to the original issue.

If you have cloud premium with automation included, you can build a process to create a new ticket, using data on the original ticket, in a different project.

Do you need more details on how to do that?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events