Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create multiple tickets from the customer portal

Mayson July 25, 2021

Hello,
I would like to ask for your assistance in implementing a specific requirement.

It is about the following scenario:

Visitors are to be registered via the customer portal.
The person who opens the ticket via the customer portal usually wants to register more than one visitor.
Currently, a new ticket has to be created and filled for each visitor, which can be very time-consuming for 20 visitors and should be optimized for this reason.
I would like to create as many additional tickets as I want from one ticket and transfer certain data from the "parent ticket" to the "child tickets".

Is there a way to implement this requirement via Jira without scripting and/or additional addons?

Many thanks for your support

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2021

Not from the portal itself. However you might consider setting up an automation rule that would create multiple issues from the original issue. Whether this will work or not depends largely upon your requirements and conditions. The idea here is that you would trigger on issue created and you would want to have conditions such as field values that would allow the action to be performed. The action itself would be to create multiple issues and copy from the trigger issue. You might also consider creating this rule as a manual rule that you or another agent would execute as desired.

0 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2021

Hi @Mayson welcome to the Atlassian community.

In addition to @Jack Brickey response, you can achieve your requirement through Jira in built automation. 

Please refer this  automation conditions and the related sections in that link for a complete understanding.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Mayson July 25, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam,

but not through the customer portal - right?

Cheers!

Jim Bren February 26, 2024

@Mayson I'm trying to do something similar and I'm wondering if you ever got this to work the way you intended?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events