Create issue based on value of custom field

Bob Sellers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2021

Been asked to create an issue in another project when the value of a custom field (drop down) is defined with a particular value. I know I can use post functions in the Workflows. Not sure how to evaluate the impact value (if = outage) then execute the issue creation in the other project.

Example: When resolving/closing an issue, if impact is defined as "outage", create an issue in the outage project.

This would be a lot easier if I had Script Runner. I used script runner for everything at my last employer. We don't have it licensed here.

Thank you,

Bob

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Hi @Bob Sellers ,

I fear you will need to have some type of automation app (albeit scriptrunner or automation or JWME or ... there are so many )

What apps do you have installed right now? I can't really think of a good way  (or any) to do this without an app.

Could you maybe post a list of your available postfunctions?

Bob Sellers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans 

Didn't think to use the automation. After 5 minutes, it's working as expected. Thank you for the tip!

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events