Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create customers in JSM via Google sync

Arturas Rimkus April 14, 2023

I'm looking at the functionality of connecting to Google Workspace. What I'm interested in though is automatically creating JIRA accounts for all users (current and new) from my Google Workspace, but I only want JIRA Service Management Customer accounts created - not paid agent seats.

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

Hi @Arturas Rimkus 

I haven't worked with Google workspace, but I can tell you my experience from other IDP which I worked with. If you make the connection between Jira and your IDP, and verify your domain, then you choose which groups you want to sync. These users will not get access to your product, but you can use this group to add them as internal customers to your project.

If you are unsure of the procedure, I would advise you to start with one group sync and few users provisioning. And then apply it in scale.

Arturas Rimkus April 15, 2023

Thanks for the suggestion @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ! I will give it a go.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

@Arturas Rimkus hi!

Did you manage to solve your problem?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders