Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a custom approval email for a specific status

John Ngo May 27, 2022

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the approval email templates that are automatically sent by JSM.

I have a use case where I have built a two-step approval workflow. The default approval email template is acceptable for the first approval in this workflow. However - I am being asked to add some extra wording to the second approval email. I poked around in Customer Notifications but did not immediately see a way to create a custom notification email template. Is there a way to do so?

If not - is it possible to send an email using Automation rules that include approve/deny buttons?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

@John Ngo Welcome to the Atlassian community

You can not customize individual approval requests.  Currently they all use the same template.  You are also not able to send buttons via automation in emails so you are left with having to vote for the following feature requests that have what you are looking for:

I believe the plugin JEMH will allow you to have custom approval emails but you would have to test it and see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4832/enterprise-mail-handler-for-jira-jemh?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events