Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Teams chat or meeting gives Error server response: 422

Leigh Elliott November 2, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I setup Microsoft Teams chat and meeting integration for JSM incident issue types today and once all of the integration and app approvals were completed I was able to get JSM and Microsoft Teams to connect.

However, when selecting the "Create chat or meeting" link on an incident and then setting i[ a chat and pressing "Create" the create button spins for a little while and then comes back with "Error server response: 422".  See screenshot below.

Has anyone else experienced this error and if so were you able to resolve?

Screenshot 2022-11-03 161600.png  

5 answers

0 votes
Leigh Elliott April 2, 2023

I raised a support case with Atlassian Support for this error.  After investigation, they have referred me to a known bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-12457

Sorry, I should clarify the issue is not resolved for me, and it would appear that, in my case, it is due to the bug mentioned above.

The bug does explain the following Known criteria/limitations with MS teams

• Atlassian Account & MS Chat email ID must be same
  • Must have between 3 ~ 20 participants
  • Must not use special characters in chat topic ie:
    ~ # % & * { } + / \ : < > ? | ' "

But in my case, none of the above criteria is applicable.  I did raise this with Atlassian Support, and they could not explain why.

0 votes
Jason Walker February 9, 2023

Hi all who have this issue, i have received an update from Atlassian on this. They have completed a fix, i have tested this in my environment and this is working. 
Hopefully its resolved for all impacted. 

Leigh Elliott February 9, 2023

Thanks Jason.  I tested it again this morning, and it is still not working within our tenancy.

Jason Walker February 9, 2023

Hey Leigh, i tested again this morning and it is working for me, the follow up issue i have now though is that the users are not added to the chat. 

I have raised a new ticket for this. 

Hoping it will start working for you soon if this is a deployment delay :O 

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

Hi @Leigh Elliott and @Jason Walker

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but I'm not sure others in the community will either. Since it's a server error, I'd recommend creating a bug issue for Atlassian. 

To log your bug, visit: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API I'd probably file this in the API project or the JSDCLOUD project. I did some hunting in there and didn't see any existing issues referencing error 422 and Teams.

If you've installed a third party connector app from the Atlassian Marketplace, then you'll need to contact that vendor for support, of course.

You're not the only one who's experienced this. I found this issue here as well: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/About-setting-up-cooperation-with-Teams-in-incident-management/qaq-p/2225744#U2227307 I've posted this response over there too.

💡Finally, in the mean time, I have an idea for you. You could leverage JSM's built-in automation feature. Simply create a manual or automatic rule that sends a dynamic message to an existing chat room. The action to use is called "Send Microsoft Teams message". You can include smart values (dynamic variables) and use markdown for formatting. I think you're probably more interested in a per-incident chat room, but it's something! Here's more about Teams and automation: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/use-automation-with-microsoft-teams/

Let us know what you learn from Atlassian Support or post your bug ID so we can follow the issue!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Leigh Elliott January 3, 2023

Thanks Rachel,  yes I've been meaning to log a support ticket for this.  I created the post above just in case the fix was simple and someone had already resolved.  I checked just before Christmas and it was still giving the error.

Not a high priority for us either, more nice to have and certainly not something I could be bothered to setup an automation rule for as a workaround (although it might be helpful for others so thanks for sharing). 

Either the new feature works out of the box Atlassian or it doesn't, ggrrrrr....

Like Leigh Elliott likes this
0 votes
青山 明 December 28, 2022

Did this issue get resolved?

0 votes
Jason Walker November 15, 2022

I have the same issue too, just setup yesterday. 

It does allow me to create a meeting, if you start the meeting and then you can use the meeting for the chat comms as a workaround. 

Would be great to get to the bottom of the chat error though.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events