Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Major Incident Button Now missing

mark.sabo January 10, 2022

We have the cloud version of JIRA Service Managemnt and have been using the MI feature. We have noticed that the Create MI button feature is now missing and are unaware of any change. I believe it was working for all issue types. I'm pretty sure it was implemented with this feature out of the box as very little administratio has taken place.

How can we check how and who changed it and how to get it back. 

Thank You

1 answer

1 vote
mark.sabo January 10, 2022

I just read about the new feature from release on 12/10. The old MI we created are still there so we are good. After reading the documentation, I added the MI field from Project Settings for the Issue type and it is now there.

I havent tested it yet, but does it tie in to Post Mortem in OpsGenie like before or are there changes there?

mark.sabo January 12, 2022

I  checked the Atlassian documentation and found my own answer. The previous Post Mortem is now Post Incident Review.

Summary: This feature is much better as you can report MI's from the originally opened ticket right from JITA SM.

I also like the new Post Incident Review feature because now you can investigate the trends of multiple non-major major incidents as a pre-cursor to opening a Problem to investigate recurring incidents.

I would suggest a new feature on how this couldtie into Knowledge Base articles.

Steve Fournier January 20, 2022

Hi Mark,

Getting a bit confuse here. The new Post incident review seems to just be a new Request type, instead of being link to the ticket like it use to be in opsgenie. We just started settings up our JSM in december and really like that "Create major incident" button that trigger the Opsgenie incident, with the Post incident report required field.

Now it looks like we have to manually create the Post incidents review, instead of having it attach inside the incidents like it was in Opsgenie ... Confusing for us who were just starting to use it ... 

Now I do not understand, what the Opsgenie incidents is use for ...

It seems like if this transition from Opsgenie to JSM is not complete ...

In a OpsGenie Alert there is a link to the JSM incident, but in JSM the incident it don't have an Opsgenie Alert link to it (Link  alert Field) ...  it weird how it is not bidirectional...

Seems like this is a step back from what was available before, the major incident toogle ... it should trigger more than just Flag it as major incident ...

mark.sabo February 4, 2022

Yeah I don't know either. We used to use the ost Mortem report in Opsgenie but now ith the new feature not sure how it works either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events