Create Insight objects automatically

Ulf Johansson September 13, 2022

Hi!
We are on JSD 9.1 and JSM 5.1
I'm researching the possibility's of creating Insight objects without administration of me.
User case is: a new app / service is on the way in to our company.
We wish the app owner to onboard new app by reporting it in our JSM portal.
Name of app and required attributes are specified in portal, and then a we create a new object in our Insight CMDB.

We can add postfunction in our workflow to accomplish the creation of Insight object.
I have hade a lock at Insight Automations, but in Data Center version it's seems not to be possible.

Does anyone have experience of this?
Any other known features, add ons to use?
Groovy scripts?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2022

Good day @Ulf Johansson 

You would need groovy script to create this.

Find an example here.

Due to Atlassian's purchase of Insight, I believe you may also need to bookmark the old Insight JAVA API pages such as this. This is a suitable library to find most of the available methods. I am unsure if this is still being maintained though.

Regards.

0 votes
David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2023

I have object creation post function using the 'createObject' method from the following:

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events