Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create API API failing with HTTP 403 since 22-Feb

william_ferguson February 27, 2024

We use Zapier to create JIRA service management tickets from missed web interactions via the JIRA web API. This has been working well for the last couple of years.

Some time between 22 Feb-24 and 26-Feb-24 the create issue request started failing with HTTP 403 (forbidden). No changes have been made to the user on whose behalf the request is being made and no changes have been made to our JIRA products.

I have tried re-establishing the connection in Zapier (which works), but when the next create request is made the request fails with a 403

Can someone point me to how to resolve this?

2 answers

0 votes
Marcus Witschel February 28, 2024

Hi @william_ferguson

we have the same problem for a few days. Have you already found a solution?

william_ferguson February 28, 2024

No, but I have had a response from Zapier support.

"I did a quick check on our logs and it looks like this issue is related to a recent bug in the Jira Service Management integration affecting the Create Request action. 

I have submitted a request to our internal team so that we can follow up with the partner about this issue since this integration is owned and managed by them. Whilst I can't provide an ETA for when the issue will be resolved, please be assured that we are proactively reaching out to the partner for their support with resolving this issue. When this issue is formally resolved, we will be sure to let you know."

Marcus Witschel February 28, 2024

Thanks for your reply and the informations!

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2024

@william_ferguson -

Hi William:

Have you contacted Zapier vendor for their technical support on this issue?  If not, you should do so since it is not a part of Atlassian products.

You can also contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for their assistance on accessing the backend system logs to provide more details on the the cause of this issues.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS