Create 2 fields dropdown who get a groups crowd

Salim Hammar January 18, 2022

I am looking for how to create 2 linked fields with drop-down list

Example: the first field there will be Team 1 and Team 2 and depending on what I have selected on the first field in the second field it should show me all the people who are in team 1 if I have selected team 1 (with multiple selection)

except that concretely I would like instead that it retrieves the people in team 1 it goes to look for the groups that are in crow because these 2 fields will be used to give visibility to the ticket that we will create in the group that will be selected

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

There is no way to do this without writing your own custom field to do it.

The reason is that what you are describing is a cascading select list, but with the second part of the field being a list of people, rather than options, and the list is drawn from Crowd.

Scriptrunner can't provide that level of code change in a system, you'll need to write an app that can do this.

Without any code at all though, you could just use a manually maintained cascading-select list, but the second part of the field still would not be a user object, it would be a simple option.

Armand Luziau_Elements_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2022

Hey @Salim Hammar,

I’m the solution engineer at Elements and I think our app Elements Connect can help you with your issue. The goal of Elements Connect is to bring the external data into Jira and it also allows you to generate dependency between fields.

Example: the first field there will be Team 1 and Team 2 and depending on what I have selected on the first field in the second field it should show me all the people who are in team 1 if I have selected team 1 (with multiple selection)

From my understanding the first field is a static one in which you only get to choose between 2 options: Team1 and Team2, you don’t need an addon to create this field. The second field has to be created with Elements Connect to generate a dependency. Due to that, Elements Connect will fetch the right data from Crowd.

In order to do so you will need to use our REST API datasource configuration and use the right call from Crowd API :

GET /rest/admin/1.0/groups/{groupId}/users

By doing so, you should be able to solve your use case. I recommend you to contact us through our support or directly book a 1:1 call with me if you face any issues while implementing this solution.

Best,

Armand

Like # people like this
Salim Hammar January 20, 2022

Hi 

Thanks  for your help , but i'm a new to jira , you have a idea for create the two fields or no ?

Tanks in advance

Salim.H

Salim Hammar January 24, 2022

Hi @Armand Luziau_Elements_  @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Because i don't have idea for do a script 

You can help me ?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events