Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't send request - form contains a hidden field that does not have a valid default value

Sander Filius March 22, 2022

Suddenly our Portal Requests are getting the error message:
"Couldn't send request
This form contains a hidden field that does not have a valid default value configured"

When I check the Request Form I don't see any issues with the Preset Value for the hidden fields. I've narrowed it down to the fact that the "Description Field" is hidden with a preset text. When I unhide the description field, the request form is working fine.

I don't want our Portal users to type in a text in the description field, just selecting a custom field (checkboxes/pulldown) with predefined options is much more efficient. That's why I've hidden the description field, with preset text ("Authorize recipient conform chosen options").

Why is this suddenly causing issues?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2022

If you don't want the description field to be completed by your customer then simply remove the description field or mark it as not required. Don't make it hidden.

I don't want to remove it for all issue types. It's removed from the screens associated with the Create issue and Default operations of the Screen Scheme configured for this Request Type. It's still mandatory and can't be removed though. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2022

Do you really want the description mandatory? I only ask as that is not a typical scenario. That aside, it seems that your issue is that you are unable to successfully use a default value for the Description field which is hidden on your Request type form. You are doing this because a) your description field is required in your create screen scheme BUT you don't want the customer to have to enter the description. Do I have this correct? I have never attempted to set a system filled like this as hidden with a default value. I will need to try it to experience the results firsthand. Again I would look to remove the mandatory from Description. You could also consider a different issue type and screen scheme for your customer requests.

Although the screens associated with the issue type for these customer request didn't include the Description field, I've now set this field to optional (for all our projects associated with this Field Configuration) and this solves the issue for now. Not to happy that this means that other issue types in these projects now can have empty descriptions though.

0 votes

I don't want to remove it for all issue types. It's removed from the screens associated with the Create issue and Default operations of the Screen Scheme configured for this Request Type. It's still mandatory and can't be removed though. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events