Could not send email, the 'To' address field is empty. If you have referenced a field it may be empt

Haig Aboyan March 31, 2023

I'm getting the following error when trying to send an email to {{lookupObjects.Business Owner}}:

"Could not send email, the 'To' address field is empty. If you have referenced a field it may be empty."

I'm not sure why I'm getting this error because when I replace {{lookupObjects.Business Owner}} with my work email the email is sent with nonissues. If you look at the screen shot I'm also calling {{lookupObjects.Name}} in the subject and when when I use my work email, the object name is populated in the subject line, no problem.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2023

Hi @Haig Aboyan  Try to change smart value to :- 

{{lookupObjects.Business Owner.emailAddress}}
Haig Aboyan April 3, 2023

i tried it and unfortunately received the same error message.

Haig Aboyan April 3, 2023

solved it with {{lookupIssues.assignee.emailAddress}}!

thanks for the guidance

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

@Haig Aboyan Glad to hear I am able to help you  😊 
I shared smart value for Business Owner field, I thought you are looking for business owner email address.

For assignee, your smart value is correct.

Mark the solution as Accepted, if your query is resolved. It will help others having same doubt. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events