Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not send action [resolveIssue] to JiraServiceDesk from Opgenie

Silvia Llumiquinga December 16, 2022

Hello everyone, please your help,

I currently have Opsgenie integrated with Jira, it was working fine.

Now it only allows adding comments from Opgenie to JSM and vice versa, but when I want to close an alarm from Opsgenie the issue is not closed in JSM, when I close the issue from Jira the alarm is closed in Opsgenie.

When closing the alarm in Opsgenie, it reflects the following error:

Could not send [resolveIssue] action to JiraServiceDesk [XXX]. Reason: The issue does not have a "Resolve the issue" option or the issue you are trying to close does not exist so the "Close alert" action is not posted

Captura de Pantalla 2022-12-21 a la(s) 15.22.23.png

Please your help community.

Regards!

5 answers

3 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2022

Hi @Silvia Llumiquinga ,

That error typically indicates the Resolved status is not available on the project integrated with Opsgenie. 

Within JSM - navigate to the Settings menu → Issues tab → Workflows → Edit the Project’s Workflow that needs mapped to Opsgenie action:

resolve1.jpg

Click: +Add Status → search/select for status (Ex: Resolved) → enable: Allow all statuses to transition to this one → click: Add

resolve2.jpg

resolve3.jpg

Then Publish Draft, and retest if possible.

Sometimes the Resolve status may already be available on the project - but the workflow requires the issue to transition into another status prior. Allowing all statuses to transition to Resolved should resolve the issue.

^ If that's the case, I do understand it may alter your project's workflow, but if you can test it would determine if that is in fact the issue.

0 votes
Silvia Llumiquinga December 30, 2022

Hi @Nick H ,

Reviewed and made the change suggested by your previous comment, however we still have the same issue.

Maybe some other option??

0 votes
Xavier Uquillas December 27, 2022

Captura de pantalla 2022-12-27 a la(s) 19.29.20.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-12-27 a la(s) 19.31.34.png

Attach the added status in Workflow

0 votes
Xavier Uquillas December 27, 2022

Hi

We tried add the "RESOLVED" state , but the error is the same

0 votes
Silvia Llumiquinga December 21, 2022

Please help me @Nick H 

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2023

Hi @Silvia Llumiquinga and @Xavier Uquillas ,

Under this project, can you please create a test issue and try to transition it to the Resolved status immediately after it's created? This would determine whether or not the issue can in fact be transitioned at any status.

I would also try testing transitioning the issue to Resolved from other statuses after it's created as well. Again - this might help narrow down whether or not your workflow allows for an issue to be moved to Resolved, and not have to transition to another status before this.

Silvia Llumiquinga January 7, 2023

@Nick H

Created a test issue in Jira and it went to resolved status and if it works.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events