Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I make subscriptions for organizations instead of groups?

Fahad Akhtar November 6, 2019

I have external groups with a list of customers within it. But I can also make an organization which also has a list of customers within it. I want to make a subscription for a filter to an organization? Am I able to do that? Or must it be subscribed to groups only? Thanks. 

3 answers

0 votes
Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

hi @Fahad Akhtar 

I'd use a group e-mail setup where the users would add the group e-mail alias to requests so they get added.

Or you could spend one jira license on the alias e-mail and use that for subscriptions.

Cheers,

Radu

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

Fahad,

Keep in mind unless you grant jira licenses to your service desk customers, you can't send them filter/subscriptions anyway as those are intended only for jira licensed users.

Hope that helps

Susan

I would like to be able to send my customers reports of the tickets that have been opened, closed, or are in progress. I do not understand why JIRA does not allow this. 

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

That's the way service desk works.  You can make the reports internally and export them and then maybe send them to your customers.  But you can't use the filter/subscriptions.

Okay thank you. 

Dimitris Ballas November 6, 2019

The only workaround for that is to set the subscription as a "reminder" for you and when you receive the subscriptions email export the issues into an Excel and send this Excel to your customers manually.

0 votes
Dimitris Ballas November 6, 2019

Hi @Fahad Akhtar ,

Unfortunately filter subscriptions are limited to groups only. A workaround on that is to create a group for each Organisation and add the groups to your filter subscriptions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events