Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct configuration of Customer Invite

Kathryn Trimmer-Westcott September 11, 2020

Need help correcting the configuration of the Customer Invite Notification to match the configs specified in Customer Notifications - actual email appears to be default JIRA user account notice, not specific to Service Desk.

We have configured our Customer Invite email within Project Settings - Customer Notifications, however when adding a new service desk customer from People - Add People the email received by the customer is not in the format specified in Customer Notifications.

Configurations are as follows:
Customer Notifications - Customer Invited - Enabled
Customer Permissions - Only customers my team adds to the project

What we think the Invite Email should look like:

Notifications - Invited.png

What the Invite Email actually looks like:

Actual Customer Invite.png

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Have you tried adding Customers under the Customers screen?

I have not - in Project Settings I have "People" of which customers are included and in Admin I have "Users" but no link for just "Customers"

Now I see where you are referencing and it is sending correctly. Kudos to the devs that decided to include multiple paths with different configs to accomplish the same task - super intuitive.

Thanks for your help Jack!

Like Najjar [Innovura] likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Glad to help. I will say that user management is certainly in need of an overhaul for sure. Hopefully that is an area of short term focus.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events