Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy ticket forms fields to a different project

Bryan Tito September 13, 2022

Is there a way to clone/copy all form fields from this specific project to another one when submitted via Automation? Currently when I use the clone/create issue it is just blank without the needed details from the original ticket.

3 answers

2 votes
Julien Peyrade @ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 13, 2022

Hello @Bryan Tito 

If you don't mind testing an add-on, Elements Copy & Sync lets you do exactly that.

Full disclosure, I'm the Product Manager of the app.

With our fields mapping, you can copy anything you want from an issue to another issue, including Forms.  You just have to select "Jira Forms" in our Fields Mapping when setting up what to copy.

jira-forms.png

As a bonus, you can keep this form synchronized, so if you change it in the original issue it can change automatically in the copied issue.

The app is free for 30 days, (and stays free if your instance is under 10 users), so feel free to give it a try, and don't hesitate to tell reach our Support if you have any question.

Kind regards,

Julien

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2022

Hello @Bryan Tito,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Another option would be our app Deep Clone for Jira.

With our app you can clone single or multiple issues along with forms. 

• After installation, select the issue you want to clone
  • Click on the issue action menu on the top right
  • Click "Deep Clone"
  • Select "Clone issue properties" in the clone dialog

It's also possible to integrate it with Jira Automation. 

0 votes
Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2022

Hi Bryan,

I would check these 2 points first :

1-Does the "actor" of your automation rule has the rights to create an issue in the destination project ?

2-Are all your fields added to the Create and View/Edit screens of the destination project ? If not, you'll have to add them to those screens first.

You could verify the audit log of your automation rule too maybe there's a hint on what's going on.

Hope this helps, don't hesitate to answer back.

Frederic Chartrand

FMX Solutions - Gold Solution Partner

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events