Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy multi-user field from Insight object to multi-user field in jira issue

Pieter Wouter Hartog
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2022

In Insight, we defined an object 'Systems' which have a 'Support Team' attribute. This Support Team attribute is a User field with cardinality of 'unlimited' (i.e. a multi-user field).

In JSM, we have a multi-user field 'Support Team'

In Automation, we want to copy the users from the 'Support Team' object to the jira field Support Team.

I tried many different things in Automation, but so far, it only works when the Support Team attribute in Insight only has one user.

I tried the followin in an Automation Rule, which only works for one user in the insight attribute:

For the lookupObjects IQL, This retrieves the 'System' object

objectType = "System" and Name = "{{issue.customfield_10067.Name}}"

This always returnes the correct Insight Object, no issues there

the next action: Edit Issue: -> More options

{
"fields": {
"Support Group Members":{{lookupObjects."Support Team Level 1".asJsonObjectArray("accountId")}}
}
}

I tried many combinations, including multiple ways of using 'asJsonObjectArray("accountId") as described here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-json-functions/.

The main problem seems to be with the function asJsonObjectArray("accountId") for a field with multiple users: instead of producing something like this (like the documentation suggests):

[{ "accountId": "613bd50411d5e10071d3c6e3" }.{ "accountId": "12345678809i324" }]

It produces this:

[{ "accountId": "[613bd50411d5e10071d3c6e3, 619574ff2278e7006b648986, 61afa232977c5b0072741ca8]" }] 

Any suggestions on how to copy the insight multi-user field to an issue multi-user field?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pieter Wouter Hartog
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2022

Found documentation with this exact example (see example 3): 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/auto-populate-approvers-from-insight-objects-1072474097.html

Tested it and it worked perfectly. I did not even have to create a lookupObjects field first, I could use the existing Insight Object custom field directly. The trick was to use the 'flatten' method for the multi-user field.

In my example, the Edit Issue rule looked like this (the custom field containing the insight object is called 'Main System' in this example.

{
"fields": {
"Support Group Members": {{Main System."Support Team Level 1".flatten.asJsonObjectArray("id")}}
}
}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events