Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual problems with the formatting options when composing messages

Stuart Roper July 28, 2020

The 'Clear Formatting' option is continually greyed out and never works. I have no control over clearing previous formatting. Additionally using the keyboard shortcut 'Ctrl+\' does not work either. It is incredibly frustrating. I need answers to this, why is it greyed out? Why does your formatting not work?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2020

Hello Stuart,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for the details. 

Testing on my local site, the option to clear formatting is greyed out when a text with no formatting is selected.

If we add some formatting on a text and select this text or only click on it, then the option will be enabled.

Screen Recording 2020-07-31 at 03.53 PM.gif

Just for a better understanding, can you please let us know if it happens when using a specific browser? Have you tested using another one?

Is it happening to other users?

Regards,
Angélica

Stuart Roper August 3, 2020

Hi,

Ok. So now i have tested it on google chrome, vivaldi (based on chrome) and waterfox browsers. Chrome and vivaldi do not work correctly with jira formatting . Waterfox (based on firefox) does work. 

So it looks like with any chrome based browser, what happens is that when you format a reply in the message box, the 'clear formatting' option remains greyed out. However when i click on it (clear formatting) it does in fact work, and clears the formatting. 

In firefox when the font is formatted, the 'clear formatting' option appears in bold font, which it should do, so that you know that the option to clear formatting is there. 

I reckon it is a bug in the Jira software, because it has occurred in 2 different chrome based browsers. However as it still does clear the formatting even though it is greyed out, will have to do for now.

Regards

Stuart

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events