Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence space not appearing in Service Desk link drop-down

Edited

I'm trying to link my Service Desk project to my Confluence space. I first created the Confluence space, then went to the SD project and attempted to link that project to my new space (Project settings > Knowledge base > Link to a Confluence space). 

I chose "System Confluence" from the Application drop-down (it was the only option) but under the "Space" drop-down, I get "No matches" -- my Space isn't available here.

To troubleshoot, in a test SD project I followed the same steps and chose the "Create a knowledge base space" option and created a new KB, which I then was able to locate in Confluence. However, when I went to my original SD project and followed the above steps, I was unable to locate the new test KB space I created. 

Is this some sort of global permissions issue in Confluence? In Jira SD? 

Note: Service Desk is a Classic SD project on Jira Cloud.

Update: I was able to successfully link this Space to a Next Gen Software project, but am still unable to connect to Classic Service Desk projects.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Update 2: Looks like you actually have to type in the name of your space into the (not obvious) search bar in order for the list of spaces to appear. This is a really, really poor UI and wasted almost a day of my time. 

does not work for me - dropdown is empty regardless of what I type.

My JSM project is a company-managed, not team-managed (previously called 'next-gen').

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

662 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you