Confluence guest removes service customer from service project org.

Cameron Loperfido December 1, 2022

I had a list of service desk customers added to an org for issue creation automation purposes. I've added a few as confluence guests. (Same email address.) Now I have two separate users and I'm not sure how to move the internal guest to the org.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cameron Loperfido December 22, 2022

So far what I've found as a solution: Remove the portal user, create the guest user, assign the guest to the correct org, and reassign all issues to the guest.

Lauren Benson February 22, 2023

I had to to this too.  Doesn't seem like a good long-term nor scalable solution.  

But seems to be known and accepted by Atlassian.  

Related issue here: Confluence Guest users are not able to view KB articles on JSM Portal

Like Cameron Loperfido likes this
0 votes
max August 22, 2023

Very strange, I have the same issue.

First I only used Service Management Customers / Organisations where I added customers.

Now by discovering het Confluence Guest user feature, I added customers that already had JSM portal access as Confluence Guests using the same email address.

When they "complete there account" for the Confluence Guest access, they cannot access there create JSM tickets anymore.

No instead of removing them as customers in JSM, I added them again to see what will happen now

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events