Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Create request form (customer side)

Vincenzo January 14, 2022

Hi all, 

I'm trying to add the "Reporter" field in the form used by a customer to submit a request. It is necessary form me because a customer could open an issue raise by a collegue. 

Is there any way to do that? I tried to follow the guide without success.

Thanks

2 answers

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

It is not currently possible for a customer to raise a request on behalf of another customer. What is an open suggestion for this that you may want to watch and vote for - JSDCLOUD-4102 - "Raise this request on behalf of" for customers? 

The best option would be to leverage the request participant field where are the reporter can actually include another customer if you have the project configured to allow that.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

you can as an agent simply click on the Reporter field and change it if desired.

Like Vincenzo likes this
2 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2022

@Vincenzo 

Users who have permissions to be only "Customer portal", cannot indicate another person to be "Reporter" of the issue.

This permission is only available to users who have a "jira-service-management" license within the environment, which allows them to access Jira internally and manage the portal's clients when opening issues.

In that case, there are two suggestions:
The user who will open the issue, after opening it, can share the ticket with his colleague and he will have visibility about it.
You can start working on the concept of "Organizations" in some clients and start organizing them into blocks, so whenever a client within the "Organization" opens the issue, he can choose whether to automatically share it with others.

A different solution would be for you to change the reporter internally within Jira.

Vincenzo January 14, 2022

Hi Fernando, 

thanks for your reply. We need to enable a customer to set the field "Reporter" because we want to organize the customers allowing only a few of them (the team leaders) to open issues but we also want to trace who raised the issue.

In which way can I change the reporter internally within Jira?

Where can I find the full list of fields a customer can edit? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2022

@Vincenzo 

man

In order for you to enable a client user to edit you need to give this client internal permission in your environment as a "jira-servicemanagement-user".

After that, you need to go to "Project Settings" > Screens > Select the "Screens" set of the issuetype and add the "Reporter" field in the "Edit" and "View" screens.

After that, internally through Jira, the client just needs to access the issue and click on the "Reporter" field to change the value of the field.

An interesting point:

If only team leaders can create issues, you could make only those team leaders a customer of your project.

But if any user can open an issue and you want to put it in the leader's name, try to act with an automation, in this idea:

Create a user selector custom field named "Team Leader".

Place this field in the customer portal so that the user, when opening the issue, fills in the "Team leader" field.
Then create an automation to change the issue reporter to the user present in the "Team Leader" field.

Here's an automation structure:

Change reporter.PNG

Please rate the best solution for your case and let me know if you have any questions :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2022

But this makes your customer a licensed Jira user. Is that really what @Vincenzo a would want?

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2022

Hey, Jack!

I believe that Vicenzo's idea here is to put only one "Team Leader" to license internally in Jira and this change the "Reporter" of the issues.

Aiming at this concern with a licensed user and other accesses that this can compromise, I suggested the use of automation to change the value of the reporter through a custom field available on the customer portal. I believe this is the best case scenario for his situation or making only the team leads customers for his project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events