Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Approval email

Edwin Smit October 17, 2019

Hello everyone,

I want to have the system send an email to the approver to approve or decline a Service request.

So user sends in request with selected approver-> approve recieves email and approves or declines -. request enters workflow or mail is send back to user with decline reason.

Who can help me? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

I don't understand your problem. that is the exact out of the box function provided by Jira Service Desk. Can you give more details?

Edwin Smit October 18, 2019

Well let me rephrase my question. I am trying to setup a approval flow in Jira that also sends an email to the apporver where he or she can press a button approve or decline and then the request should be pushed trough to IT.

Can you help me?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

But that feature is already included, it sends an email to approvers with 2 buttons Approve or Decline, and they can approve in the mail itself.

Check customer notifications settings in your project.

Is there a way you could help me with that?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2019

Thanks for the links. the thing is i simply do not understand the information that is there.

Is there someone who can help me/guide me a bit?

Edwin Smit October 30, 2019

I haven't heard anything further regarding the posibility to get some assistance with setting this up.

Can anybody help me?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2019

I can't help you more than that 2 links. If you have permissions to do it (jira admin, project admin), you have a step by step guide to configure them.

If you aren't an administrator, ask your jira admin to give you permissions or ask him to configure it for you.

Also, make sure that the outgoing mail in that instance is configured (ask your jira admin about it).

I am admin but since i'm just a junior in the usage of the tool I struggle with the manuals. 

Are there visual tutorials with each topic? something like a youtube video?

This would be way easier than big pages with text.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2019

If you have been asked to administer a Jira instance and you haven't the knowledge to do it, ask for training. You won't see many videos teaching you how to do all kind of configurations in the tool.

We give training for Jira administrators in 16 hours (2 days). The Jira administrator guidebook which unifies all the documentation for Jira users and administrator is around 1000 pages.

That can give you an idea of how big is the job you have been asked to do. You must be proactive and your company should give you training if they want you to make your job.

I'm from the Netherlands, Do you know where to go for proper training?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events