Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commenting on behalf of other user.

saisharan.sripada
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2022

I'm trying make JIRA operation through REST API using a single service account. But I'm unable to make comments on behalf of other users through REST. Is it possible to make comments no behalf of other users. If not is there any workaround for this ?

1 answer

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2022

@saisharan.sripada -

Welcome to the community.  In Jira/JSM, comments are made by each individual user and the comments are associated to that specific individual in the system, thus one should not make comments on behalf of someone else.

The only thing I can think of is for you to use a service account (one have rights to comment on issues for your specific projects), you will use this service account to authenticate to Jira/JSM via REST APIs, then use it to generate the needed comments where in the comments that you can reference the specific user.

Hope this makes sense.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Johan Hörnqvist
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2023

Can I chime in with a related question I couldnt find an answer to.

I run Jira with slack integration and currently automation to change status on comments by customer but this doesnt work for comments made by other than the initial issue reporter sicne the comments made in slack locks like this:

Atlassian Assist [On behalf of @username]

So is it possible to let the real User be the commenter instead of the user Atlassian Assist (slack bot)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events